CONNECTING YOUR WIRELESS INTERNET SERVICE INSIDE THE HOME
- The power cord for the power adapter (black box) needs to be plugged in to a functioning power outlet as shown and the other end plugged into the power adapter box.
- The light on the power adapter or “POE” should be on (green, blue or white depending on equipment) indicating that the service is running.
- The Cat 5 (Ethernet) cable that runs through the wall from the outside needs to be plugged into the POE port on the back box.
- A second Cat 5 (Ethernet) cable runs between the LAN port on the black box to either your computer or router.
- Computer - There should be a single port on your computer that fits the Cat 5 connector.
- Router - Routers will have multiple ports on the back. The correct port will generally be isolated from the other ports and may be labeled WAN or Internet.
Do not try to force Cat 5 connectors it into the wrong port. Always make sure that the connector tab is lined up properly with the notch in the port that you are plugging into.